Friday, 26 August 2011

30 Day BC: Day 1 – Your favourite book of all time

I don't have one favourite really. I've read too much to be able to name one. Here are two though.


1. American Gods - Neil Gaiman
Completely bonkers but utterly incredible. Perfect mix of fantasy and horror really. I'm quite interested to see how they adapt this for TV (and where Gaiman goes with the sequel). I'm quite interested in mythology so for me, this is really interesting.



















2. Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
Brilliant. I guess Eugenides is most famous for The Virgin Suicides, but for me this is so much better. It's about quite an epic, depicting three generations of a family, following their emigration from Greece. The main focus of the story and the narrator is Cal, a hermaphrodite. The story deals with this, but it isn't the main focus, for much of the story, which makes it all the more interesting.



Obviously a special mention goes out for Harry Potter series, but I have a feeling they will feature quite frequently over the next 30 days!

1 comment: